BINUS Doctor of Computer Science (DCS) Creating Outstanding Researchers
BINUS University as the leading university in Indonesia and ranked 7th in QS Star 2021 build leaders that adapt to changes. The world as we know it is changing. Human behavior is shifting from offline to online in almost every sector of business. Technology is thriving at the moment and considered to be the catalyst in adapting to the new normal.
The Doctor of Computer Science (DCS) is a doctoral-level program in Computer Science which emphasizes the Research and Development of state-of-the-art topics in Computer Science. The DCS Study Program offers concentrations in Information Systems and Computer Science which is designed to be accomplished with 45 SKS, including a dissertation in 6 (six) semesters. Each student will be fully involved with the faculty’s diverse expertise and varied interests to develop high-quality research uniquely suited to his or her interests. The Study Program encourages students to gain research experience by working closely with faculty members on a variety of industry projects and alignment with research roadmaps.
DCS Regular offers Two Concentration Areas:
- Information System
- Computer Science
- As Qualified Researchers:
Process necessary skills to conduct high quality, high impact management research with a variety of methods and tools, leveraging the development of information and communication technology into their research and practice
- As Expert Consultants:
Initiate, lead and sustain the advancement of professional business best practices either in a specific industry or across industries
After completing the study, graduates are:
1. Able to develop science and knowledge with Computer and Information Systems as the fundamental using trans and multidisciplinary approaches in order to develop innovative and verified works in computer science that have commercialization potential.
2. Able to manage and lead research in computer science with inter and multidisciplinary approaches.
3. Able to contribute to computer science field development through various applied research that has implications for enhancing the quality of life.
4. Able to disseminate study results in the computer science field through publication in national or international journals and seminars.
5. Able to develop the theory and method in either the area of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Enterprise Architecture (EA), Machine and Deep Learning (MDL), Bio or Law, or Social or Edu – Informatics and Computer Security and Blockchain domains.
6. Able to create new frameworks related to IT governance and IT government based on the available framework.
7. Join research and partnership with 10 universities in Asia, Europe, USA, and Australia
8. Graduate with a Minimum of 3 Scopus-indexed scientific publications that are supported by Binus University for the cost of publication.